When you’re pregnant, there are certain articles of clothing that you just can’t avoid buying in maternity styles (hello pants). For both of my pregnancies, I started wearing maternity jeans before the end of the first trimester because the waistbands of my normal skinnies got too uncomfortable. But as much as possible, I try to buy regular clothing that works with my growing bump because I hate dropping money on things I’ll only wear for a matter of months. Fortunately, there are lots of regular clothes these days that work for most, if not all of pregnancy. With tunics and flowy styles being so in, it’s a great time to be pregnant! For this post I rounded up a number of tops (and a pair of jeggings) that are cute, bump-friendly, and affordable. Since I live in Connecticut and it’s currently winter, I’m focusing on colder weather options, but many of these items can be worn well into spring.
1. BP. Side Slit Tee ($19): I picked up this tee at Nordstrom over Thanksgiving before I was showing much because I love its length and hi/low hem. I have a long torso and I’m always on the hunt for basic long tees that I can wear with leggings or skinny jeans. This one fits the bill!
2. Halogen Knit Poplin Mix Top ($41.40; currently 40% off!): I came across this top this week and I’m seriously considering adding it to my cart. I love the contrasting colors and billowy sleeves and the fact that it’s stylish but also seems super comfy.
3. LUSH Perfect Roll Tab Sleeve Tunic ($27.90; currently 33% off!): I actually bought this tunic after I had my first baby when I was still carrying around excess baby weight, and it’s now perfect for my growing baby bump. If you’re looking for something a little more formal to wear to work, I highly recommend this top. I may pick it up in more colors.
4. Free People Easy Goes It Denim Leggings ($58): I own these in two washes–rich blue and black–and I made it up until 20 weeks of pregnancy wearing them comfortably. Because they’re jeggings and have an elasticized waistband, they have a lot of give, way more so than any of my other jeans. And they don’t bag out! I lived in these long before I got pregnant and was pleasantly surprised that I was able to wear them this long during pregnancy.
5. Free People Lover Rib Split Back Pullover ($40.80; currently 40% off!): Another Free People pick I recently discovered. Free People is a good bet during pregnancy in general because the brand features so many drapey styles, but I often find the pricing to be a bit outside of what I like to spend. Fortunately many of their items go on sale and this particular top is majorly discounted right now! The one I ordered, in pink, is currently sold out, but it’s still available in black in all sizes.
6. Old Navy Pintuck Lace-Yoke Swing Top ($28; currently 20% off!): The flowy silhouette of this shirt works great with skinny jeans when not pregnant, and it’s also loose enough to cover a growing baby bump stylishly.
7. Old Navy Lux Rib-Neck Tunic ($22.99): This is a great basic and versatile tee that can be dressed up or down.
8. Sylvia Alexander Women’s Poncho Turtleneck ($34.99): I’m not sure how much longer ponchos will be in style, but you may as well take advantage of the trend while you can! It doesn’t get much more comfortable than wearing the equivalent of a blanket. I really like the color and design of this one in particular.
9. The Limited Lace-Up Shaker Stitch Tunic Top ($47.40; 40% off): I like that this tunic is a bit more form fitting but still long enough to accommodate a belly. And the lace-up sides add a chic touch.
If you’re pregnant and searching for comfortable and stylish clothing options, I hope this provided some inspiration! And let me know if you have any non-maternity faves of your own.